Wednesday, February 26, 2014

March

There's a to-do list sitting next to me listing off the things I need to do before going to Chicago in two weeks.  So much has happened since August.  I've had the opportunity to do so many amazing things, create with some amazing folks, and visit amazing places.  My mother is an archivist.  It's no wonder I'm hopelessly nostalgic.  I've made a pact with myself to start documenting my creations whether they be through craft or community.  It would be preposterous to try and count the number of times I have rolled my eyes before flashing a smile at my mother's camera.  And now when I go to my parent's house one of my favorite activities is to go through old scrapbooks full of those pictures.  Some memories I can't distinguish from photographs, but maybe they don't have to exist as separate entities.
It's rainy today in Oakland and I'm sitting at my newly set up desk thinking about which items on my to do list are going to take priority first.  If you're traveling to Chicago for Chicago Zine Fest, I hope to see you there.  If you live in Chicago, be sure to stop by!  I'll be tabling with my perzine Swearing In Cursive and most likely talking a lot about knitting.

Things I knit in January and February of 2014:

I've been engaging in many conversations about what I'm doing and why (as someone in their twenties, I feel as if this type of conversation is somewhat obligatory).  What I want to share is that I'm going to do as much work where I am currently as I can.  Part of this is documentation.  Hopefully we'll be seeing more of one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment